● 10+ years of interdisciplinary product and managing experience, transforming traditional businesses with frontier digital technologies
● Ex hegdefund portfolio manager, focused on healthcare, TMT, and consumer
● MSc Accounting & Finance, The London School of Economics
Douglas McCloskey, Ph.D.
● Systems biologist experienced in developing automated Big Omics Data generation and analysis workflows
● Group leader, Center for Biosustainability (CfB) at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU)
● Ph.D., Bioengineering, University of California, San Diego in the Bernhard Ø. Palsson lab
● Recipient of the Siebel Scholar – awarded annually for academic excellence and demonstrated leadership to 93 top students from the world‘s leading graduate schools
● Publication H-index of 21
Dimitris Christodoulou, Ph.D.
Co-founder/Chief Strategy Officer
● Strategist & computational biologist with experience in data analytics, multi-omics integration & simulation
● Ex-Senior Consultant at Deloitte Consulting (Zurich), led the design and implementation of business and technology strategies as well as data solutions for global MNCs
● Visiting Scholar in Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School
● Ph.D. & Post-Doc, Computational Biology, ETH Zurich
● Published multiple top tier publications (i.e. Nature, Cell Systems, iScience)
Xiaoqiang Hou, Ph.D.
Co-founder/Chief Operating Officer
● Deputy Secretary-General of Internet Hospital Association
● 20 years experience in research management, and clinical hospital management
● Research background in tumor and rare diseases, pathogenic mechanisms and vaccines
● Presided over a number of National Key Research Projects
● Ph.D. in Virology, Jilin University
Haihong Liu, M.D.
Technical Director of Clinical Laboratory
● Ex-Medical Laboratory Specialist of General Hospital of Beijing Military Region
● Genetic Metabolic Disease Laboratory Director of Bayi Children's Hospital
● Specialized in molecular biology and immunology diagnosis
● Evaluation expert of Beijing natural science foundation
● M.D. in preventive medicine, Academy of Military Medical Sciences
Wei Ye, Ph.D.
VP Scientific Affairs
● Head of Bioinformatics Platform, Bio-Med Big Data Center, Shanghai Institute of Biological Sciences, CAS, lead efforts of building NODE (National Omics Data Encylopedia)
● 10 years experience in multi-omics bioinformatics analysis
● Director of Bioinformatics, Shanghai Tissue Bank Co. Ltd.
● Project Assistant at Roche pRED China
● Ph.D. in Biology, Shanghai Jiaotong University
Atefeh Kazeroonian, Ph.D.
Computational Modelling Director
● Computational biologist, experienced in mechanistic modelling and omics data integration with a focus on the immune system
● Group leader in computational biology and T cell immunology, Institute of Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Hygiene, Technical University of Munich
● Ph.D., Computational Biology, Helmholtz Center in Munich in the Fabian Theis lab
● Visiting scholar, University of California, San Francisco
● Published multiple top tier publications (i.e. Nature Immunology, PNAS, Bioinformatics)
关注 AliveX 微信公众号
Robin Chan, Ph.D.
VP of Strategic Partnerships
● 10+ years of experience in research and life science industry
● Founding director of Lipidomics Core Laboratory, Columbia University
● Assistant Professor of Pathology and Cell Biology, Lipid Metabolism and Neurodegenerative Diseases, Columbia University
● U.C. Berkeley Skydeck BioChina Fund partner
● PhD, Biochemistry, National University of Singapore, in the Lab of Markus R. Wenk; MBA, Columbia Business School
● Published 35+ top-tier publications (i.e. Nature, Nat Commun., Nat Neurosci., Cell Host Microbe), received research grants from National Institute of Health (NIH) and other non-profit research foundations
Chunjian Huang, Ph.D.
VP of Immunology
● 20+ years international experience in immunology-focused research institutes and biotechnology companies (e.g. cancer immunotherapy, autoimmunity, asthma and inflammation)
● Served as Director at Department of Oncology and Immunology, WuXi AppTec. Led R&D progress that enabled the development of new modalities and was involved in multiple successful IND applications
● Served as Principal Investigator at Innovent Biologics. Led team for first-in-class drug target discovery and successfully completed the POC of one FIC target within one year
● PostDoc, Cleveland Clinic (Department of Cancer Biology); Ph.D. in Immunology, Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences; B.Sc. in Biology, Fudan University
Wei Ye, Ph.D.
Co-founder/SVP of Technology Operations
● 10+ years experience in bioinformatics research institutes and pharmaceutical companies (focus on NGS, multi-omics data analysis, CADD)
● Served as Director of the Bioinformatics Platform, Shanghai Academy of Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Led multiple national omics database setup and data analysis programs
● Served at the Roche R&D Center Bioinformatics and worked on several drug discovery projects
● Ph.D. in Biology (Bioinformatics), Shanghai Jiaotong University
● Published 20+ SCI papers, including 8 first-authored papers, with 500+ citations
May 13, 2022
Scailyte, a single-cell AI biomarker discovery company and AliveX Biotech, a leader in combining multi-omics data with computational biology and AI to identify novel biomarkers and targets in immune-mediated diseases, announce a strategic partnership to accelerate the development of next-generation therapies in oncology and autoimmune diseases.
The companies will create a joint target and biomarker discovery workflow, leveraging their expansive network of clinical collaborators, AliveX's AI and multi-omics platform solutions and its powerful proprietary immuno-profiling and decoding technologies, as well as Scailyte's AI-driven single-cell analytics biomarker discovery platform ScaiVision™ to serve the diverse and complex needs of Pharma and Biotech companies. The joint platform will enable unprecedented discovery and validation power for biomarker discovery thanks to AliveX Biotech's expertise from intelligent AI-driven hypothesis generation to broad multi-omics analytics capabilities, and the ability of ScaiVision™ to detect complex, ultra-sensitive and predictive molecular signatures in biological samples.
The joint workflow will focus on applications within immune-mediated diseases, such as qualification and stratification of patients for clinical trials, analysis of trial results at deep cellular level, as well as digital disease modeling and end-to-end multi-omics analysis for target discovery.
The companies kick-start the outreach to pharmaceutical and biotech companies, aiming to set up the first pilot projects in Q2-2022.
"We are delighted to announce this partnership with AliveX Biotech. Precision medicine in oncology and autoimmunity is still a challenge today, which requires access to high quality samples and data, full mastery and exploitation of the most advanced multi-omics approaches, including single-cell technologies and analytics, coupled with AI discovery engines. With our combined expertise in single-cell technologies, multi-omics analytics and fit-for-purpose AI algorithms, we will be able to offer fully tailored, sensitive and robust biomarker discovery solutions to truly bolster the development of effective and safe immunotherapies, from patients and for patients" said Corinne Solier, COO at Scailyte AG.
"We are thrilled to partner with Scailyte AG. Scailyte's powerful single cell AI-powered platform and AliveX's end-to-end AI immunology platform will be important assets in the partnership." said Dimitris Christodoulou, Chief Strategy Officer and co-founder at AliveX, emphasizing that "We believe the partnership will enable us to bring forward significant value amounting to 'more than the sum of our parts'. Our combined holistic approach leverages both bulk and single cell data as well as state-of-the-art computational biology approaches that generate novel insights, enabling higher precision in biomarker and drug target discovery which in turn leads to higher success rates in R&D and clinical trials."