● 10+ years of interdisciplinary product and managing experience, transforming traditional businesses with frontier digital technologies
● Ex hegdefund portfolio manager, focused on healthcare, TMT, and consumer
● MSc Accounting & Finance, The London School of Economics
Douglas McCloskey, Ph.D.
● Systems biologist experienced in developing automated Big Omics Data generation and analysis workflows
● Group leader, Center for Biosustainability (CfB) at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU)
● Ph.D., Bioengineering, University of California, San Diego in the Bernhard Ø. Palsson lab
● Recipient of the Siebel Scholar – awarded annually for academic excellence and demonstrated leadership to 93 top students from the world‘s leading graduate schools
● Publication H-index of 21
Dimitris Christodoulou, Ph.D.
Co-founder/Chief Strategy Officer
● Strategist & computational biologist with experience in data analytics, multi-omics integration & simulation
● Ex-Senior Consultant at Deloitte Consulting (Zurich), led the design and implementation of business and technology strategies as well as data solutions for global MNCs
● Visiting Scholar in Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School
● Ph.D. & Post-Doc, Computational Biology, ETH Zurich
● Published multiple top tier publications (i.e. Nature, Cell Systems, iScience)
Xiaoqiang Hou, Ph.D.
Co-founder/Chief Operating Officer
● Deputy Secretary-General of Internet Hospital Association
● 20 years experience in research management, and clinical hospital management
● Research background in tumor and rare diseases, pathogenic mechanisms and vaccines
● Presided over a number of National Key Research Projects
● Ph.D. in Virology, Jilin University
Haihong Liu, M.D.
Technical Director of Clinical Laboratory
● Ex-Medical Laboratory Specialist of General Hospital of Beijing Military Region
● Genetic Metabolic Disease Laboratory Director of Bayi Children's Hospital
● Specialized in molecular biology and immunology diagnosis
● Evaluation expert of Beijing natural science foundation
● M.D. in preventive medicine, Academy of Military Medical Sciences
Wei Ye, Ph.D.
VP Scientific Affairs
● Head of Bioinformatics Platform, Bio-Med Big Data Center, Shanghai Institute of Biological Sciences, CAS, lead efforts of building NODE (National Omics Data Encylopedia)
● 10 years experience in multi-omics bioinformatics analysis
● Director of Bioinformatics, Shanghai Tissue Bank Co. Ltd.
● Project Assistant at Roche pRED China
● Ph.D. in Biology, Shanghai Jiaotong University
Atefeh Kazeroonian, Ph.D.
Computational Modelling Director
● Computational biologist, experienced in mechanistic modelling and omics data integration with a focus on the immune system
● Group leader in computational biology and T cell immunology, Institute of Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Hygiene, Technical University of Munich
● Ph.D., Computational Biology, Helmholtz Center in Munich in the Fabian Theis lab
● Visiting scholar, University of California, San Francisco
● Published multiple top tier publications (i.e. Nature Immunology, PNAS, Bioinformatics)
关注 AliveX 微信公众号
Robin Chan, Ph.D.
VP of Strategic Partnerships
● 10+ years of experience in research and life science industry
● Founding director of Lipidomics Core Laboratory, Columbia University
● Assistant Professor of Pathology and Cell Biology, Lipid Metabolism and Neurodegenerative Diseases, Columbia University
● U.C. Berkeley Skydeck BioChina Fund partner
● PhD, Biochemistry, National University of Singapore, in the Lab of Markus R. Wenk; MBA, Columbia Business School
● Published 35+ top-tier publications (i.e. Nature, Nat Commun., Nat Neurosci., Cell Host Microbe), received research grants from National Institute of Health (NIH) and other non-profit research foundations
Chunjian Huang, Ph.D.
VP of Immunology
● 20+ years international experience in immunology-focused research institutes and biotechnology companies (e.g. cancer immunotherapy, autoimmunity, asthma and inflammation)
● Served as Director at Department of Oncology and Immunology, WuXi AppTec. Led R&D progress that enabled the development of new modalities and was involved in multiple successful IND applications
● Served as Principal Investigator at Innovent Biologics. Led team for first-in-class drug target discovery and successfully completed the POC of one FIC target within one year
● PostDoc, Cleveland Clinic (Department of Cancer Biology); Ph.D. in Immunology, Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences; B.Sc. in Biology, Fudan University
Wei Ye, Ph.D.
Co-founder/SVP of Technology Operations
● 10+ years experience in bioinformatics research institutes and pharmaceutical companies (focus on NGS, multi-omics data analysis, CADD)
● Served as Director of the Bioinformatics Platform, Shanghai Academy of Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Led multiple national omics database setup and data analysis programs
● Served at the Roche R&D Center Bioinformatics and worked on several drug discovery projects
● Ph.D. in Biology (Bioinformatics), Shanghai Jiaotong University
● Published 20+ SCI papers, including 8 first-authored papers, with 500+ citations
• Responsible for the development and optimization of multi-omics data analysis pipeline with a focus on single-cell sequencing
• Cleaning and analysis of biomedical multi-omics data, mainly including NGS high-throughput data, mass spectrometry data, chip data, clinical data, etc.
• Participate in the downloading, cleaning, integration, comprehension and visualization of various biological databases
• Provide bioinformatics support for internal and external scientific research projects
• Participate in the design of various research projects and fulfill corresponding scientific research tasks
• Participate in the writing of project reports, related academic papers and patents
• Master's degree or above in bioinformatics, biostatistics or related majors, familiar with common tools for NGS data analysis. Candidates who have experience of single-cell sequencing related projects or pipeline constructions are preferred
• Familiar with commonly used biological websites and databases; experience in databases, crawlers, and knowledge graph is preferred
• Strong interest in multi-omics big data and bioinformatics, good learning ability, positive work attitude and high sense of responsibility
• Independent bioinformatics analysis ability
• Literature research and learning ability
• Familiar with Linux operating system, proficient in at least one of perl/python/R/java programming languages, system development experience is preferred
• Teamwork ability, able to work under pressure
Who We Are
• We are an interdisciplinary team of immunologists, molecular biologists and clinical experts, joining forces with data scientists, AI engineers and computational biologists to solve clinical challenges. Our environment is international with world-class employees from China, USA, Switzerland, Germany, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, etc.
• Our culture is outcomes-based which means that, if possible, we are flexible in where and when work happens. We focus on being at the forefront of innovation and commit to the highest level of quality, compliance and ethics. We support the continuous learning & growth of our employees.